Mr. Blue Pamphlet posted his so-called "Lazy Post" on the 17th ... on the 19th Queequeg posted hers, then Veggienerd at Equanimity followed on the 20th ... Gotta say, I love this type of thing ... it gives us all opportunity to share our stories ... what we prefer and why ... and when the story isn't totally forthcoming (for whatever reason) it provides us with the kindling for a bonfire of follow up questions, sometimes privately asked and answered ... that tends to help build trust and caring and friendship ... I love the lazy post ... here's mine:
1. What color are your kitchen plates?
White, with blue, red, yellow islandy design ... it’s “Barbados” from Mikasa ... and for the record, I love china and crystal patterns!
2. What book are you reading now?
Seven things ... Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes ... Divine Comedy by Dante (no real chance I’ll finish it!) ... The Last Universe by William Sleator ... What Video Games Have to Teach Us About Learning and Literacy by James Paul Gee ... Romance a play by David Mamet ... Beyond the Edge of the Sea by Mauricio Obregon ... and The Flickering Mind by Todd Oppenheimer.
3. What's your favorite board game?
APBA Baseball ... it’s a tabletop game, not really a board game (slight distinction), but it’s a non-computerized simulation thing ... played it since I was 11.
4. Favorite magazine?
I love Soundings ... it’s a sailing/boating classified rag, but it always reminds me that someday I, too, may own a sailboat ...
5. Favorite smell?
I knew a girl who smelled of flowers and donuts ... I know that’s a bizarre combo, but she was a lovely and brilliant girl ... and I loved the way she smelled ...
6. Least favorite smell?
Burning hair smells pretty bad (and can hurt too!)
7. What's the first thing you're thinking in the morning?
Workout ... maybe tomorrow ...
8. When you come out of your house and you realize it's raining what's your first response?
If it’s warm, I smile ... if it’s cold, I curse
9. Favorite color?
Green and orange
10. Least favorite color?
Brown and all it’s tan and beige brethren
11. How many rings before you answer the phone?
As few as possible ... I love that it rings, and hate the sound
12. Future children's names?
Unlikely (if it’s a girl) and Improbable (if it’s a boy)
13. Favorite alcoholic drink?
Guinness ... it’s good for you, after all!
14. What is your sign and birthday? Gemini ... May 24 ...
15. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
If they end up on my plate, chances are they get eaten
16. If you could have any job what would it be?
Sailboat charter captain
17. If you could have any color hair what would it be?
Whatever color mine is seems to be fine
18. Is the glass half full or half empty?
It’s full ... not half full
19. Do you like lemonade?
Love it ... like it best the way my wife makes it ... less water than in the recipe
20. Do you type with the right fingers on the keys?
To my way of thinking, the right fingers are the ones that type the right letters
21. What's under your bed?
All sorts of really necessary stuff that doesn’t come to mind ... and I’m not looking!
22. What is your favorite number?
2661
23. What is your single biggest fear? Drowning
24. Favorite song?
Ever? ... hmmm ...
25. Super Bowl ads, love 'em or hate 'em?
They used to be good
26. Ketchup or mustard?
Ketchup
27. If people could describe you with one word what word would you want that to be?
I liked Queequeg’s answer ... Passionate
28. Name something you always wanted as a child but never got.
An Ivy League education ... but I did okay
29. Favorite soft drink?
I always liked “Wink” ... a grapefruit soda my grandparents used as a mixer
30. Name one good thing you did today.
Good is relative ... I worked out ... thirty years from now, I’ll let you know if it was good
31. Favorite High School Subject?
Physics ... oddly, I almost failed it ... just goes to show ...
32. What screen saver is in your computer?
Don’t use them ... hate ‘em!
33. Burger King or McDonald's?
Which every is closer to where I am
34. Favorite pet?
I had a parakeet named McKeag when I was a kid, so I don’t feel bad saying I loved my dog, Mandy
35. Vacation beach or mountains?
Always the beach ... always
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment